Saturday, December 18, 2010

http://ann-cooper.blogspot.com. Unit 2 post

Hello Everyone,
I really enjoyed the Journey on Relaxation exercise as today was a very stressful day for me.  It is my brothers birthday and tomorrow is my moms and they both live in Indiana and I am here in NM for work and do not get to be with them to celebrate. 
The voice on the relaxation exercise was very calming and I really liked the design on the page.  I found myself getting lost in it.  When it came to the part on trying to lift your arms I found that my hands started tingling when I raised them.  I also found it very interesting that we have the control over our blood flow to redirect it to others parts simply by verbalizing and thinking about the flow of the blood. 
Myself, I love anytime that I am able to take a few minutes and relax.  The good thing about this exercise is that it can be practiced anywhere and at anytime.  This is something that is easy to teach to others who may be dealing with stress, anxiety, or even tense  muscles.  I look forward to more ideas of relaxation techniques and being able to apply them to my personal and professional life.
Hope everyone has a great week and god luck on the quiz.  Go Vikings!!!

3 comments:

  1. Hi Ann,

    I enjoyed reading about your relaxation experience...seems you really got into it :)By the way, I also enjoy taking time throughout the day to practice relaxation techniques; and this is one I plan to add to my ever-growing list of relaxation and coping techniques.

    What fascinated me was the theory behind autogenic training which is simply using the power of suggestion to regulate body function. I read that in order to be effective, one has to be positioned comfortably, be able to concentrate, and focus on internal physiological processes (Seaward, 2009). I also find the concept of self-awareness fascinating as I have observed that by merely using our minds, we can promote a sense of relaxation!

    On another note, my kids' high school football team (Lake Travis High)won state championship! My teen daughter plays the flute in marching band, and she's been on cloud nine since she returned home last night from Dallas :)I just love her enthusiasm...Go Cavs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    Nice response. I have yet to do the exercise because I was having trouble finding it but the Professor helped me and later today I will be doing it. Wow you sound just as chaotic as I am. I forgot what it was like to take the time out to relax because of my given situation. Which I will explain in my blog when I finally figure how to make it nice like everyone else's. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi great response, it really is nice to take the time out and do a relaxation exercise like this at least once a day. If only I could find the time in my busy schedule to sit down and relax. I also enjoyed the fact that I could practice this anywhere, I enjoyed this almost as much as I enjoy the mindfulness meditation that I try and practice daily.

    ReplyDelete