Sunday, January 9, 2011

http://ann-cooper.blogspot.com Unit 4 post

Hello Everyone,
I am truly loving this healthier lifestyle that I have started.  I'm going to the gym 6 days a week and being concious to change my eating habits as well.  This is lead me to a 4.5lb weight loss in 3 or 4 weeks now.  I feel so much better about myself and am starting to see the benefits of the hard work and also feel the changes in my body.  Thank God for helping me to find the time to make this much needed change in my life.
This exercise this week is very beneficial for me.  I have a problem with showing loving kindness to my boyfriend because I have to be nice to everyone all day long and when I come home it is like I am short tempered with him and take everything out on him.  This will help us out tremendously if I can make this change with him.  The person in my life that I chose was my mother.  She is someone who means the world to me, has been there for me through the good and bad, and is very dear in my heart although we are 1400 miles away from each other.  I enjoyed the part when she said you must first love yourself before you can love others.  That is so true.  I am just now starting to feel like I love myself and it is wonderful.  It makes me wonder why it took me so long to make this sacrifice for myself. 
It made me feel good to take the pain and suffering away from one of my loved ones and be able to give them love, good health, and peace.  The part of embracing our enemies was difficult for me because I have 2 people in my life that I am not able to forgive so I have a hard time wanting to give them anything good. 
I would definately recommend this exercise to everyone as it would make the world a much happier place to live. 
To me the mental workout is about practicing loving kindness and subtle mind daily in order to receive the full benefits that will lead to psychospiritual life.  If you practice these things daily, you will start seeing the results in your life and when you stop practicing this daily you will notice it physically or mentally.  I think of this as a workout for the mind, just like we work out daily for our physical well being.  These will lead to wisdom, peace, compassion, happiness, and wholeness. 
I try to implement mental workouts daily in my life with the subtle mind practice to foster my psychological health.  This allows my mind time to relax, not think about anything, and then go back into my daily life with a clearer mind so that I handle situations better and keep myself in control instead of letting the situation control me. 
I hope that everyone has a great week and God bless each and everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I can understand the difficulty in forgiving an enemy. I was practicing this exercise last night. I took some time for myself and sat in front of the fire (I like being in front of a flame. It relaxes me.) and I began visualizing people and things that I love dearly and was sharing that energy with parts of me that I wanted healed. I went into this exercise knowing that I wanted to forgive me ex of some things in particular and I found that I had to move him behind someone that I love at least twice during the exercise because I would get so upset. I don't think I can resolve my issues with him and let go in just a few sessions. This is going to take some repeated work. But hey, just being aware of the problem is the biggest step right? :)

    ReplyDelete