Sunday, January 16, 2011

http://ann-cooper.blogspot.com Unit 5 post

Hello Everyone,
I am sorry that it has been Sundays before I am able to find the time for my post.  I am still trying to find the balance between work, the gym, school work, and seminars.  Please bear with me and I will start getting to my blog again before Sundays.
The Subtle Mind exercise is my favorite.  This is one that I have been practicing for awhile.  It helps me during the day when I have a little bit of quiet time that I can slip away to regroup and come back to work and be ready to tackle the world.  I have also found this very beneficial for me when I am going to bed at night to practice first as it relaxes me and I am able to sleep much better.  Some of the benefits includedd the focus on the rising of the chest when breathing, this is much easier for me as I can visually see this and do not have to imagine it or try to visualize it.  As always, the waves on the CD were very calming.  This was the calm before the storm. 
Five minutes into the exercise my CD went fuzzy and extremely loud in my ear as I was just starting to relax.  Wow what a wakeup that was.  Some of the frustrations include the fact that my mind tends to wonder a lot so this requires me to come back to my focus point and start again.  The biggest frustration was the fact that the CD did not work properly.
I love the fact that once the breathing becomes peaceful it is amazing how peaceful the mind becomes.  This is another reminder that the mind, body, and spiritual well being are all linked into one.  When one is peaceful the others tend to follow. For me I have seen the connection of spiritual wellness to mental and physical wellness since I have begun on the journey to better health.  I am approaching this in all areas of my life.  I have incorporated my spirituality with my religous beliefs, mental well being by practicing the loving kindness and subtle mind exercises, and the physical well being when I go to the gym and attend my classes.  Also, when I feel like I cannot go any longer, I change my thinking into positive thoughts and telling myself that I can do it and before I know it I am able to do what before seemed impossible. 
I hope that everyone has a great week at work and with school as well.  God bless until we meet again

3 comments:

  1. I understand how it is to be so busy i havnt been able to get all my work done before Sundays either. With work and home life it gets very stressful and busy. I felt the same way you did at first where your mind wanders but then you go back to focusing it really makes you think wow just much do i do this. Just stay positive like you seem to be that is the key point stay positive and love others and don't forget yourself. God bless you too sweety.

    cristina holcomb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Ann,

    I found this exercise to be so much easier than the loving kindness exercise, but I could have just been having an off day. I agree it is so hard to find the balance that we need to fit everything in. I have been in school for almost three years and still have trouble. I try to keep up with my daily planner, this is where I keep all of my daily activities it helps me delegate my time. Thanks for sharing your experience.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Occupational therapy is a very quick growing field, and this is due to a variety of reasons. This has led more prospective students to become interested in employment opportunities in the field, and right at the top of that list is the profession of an occupational therapy. Visit Great Site for more info.

    ReplyDelete