Sunday, January 30, 2011

Unit 6 post, htttp://ann-cooper.blogspot.com

Hello Everyone,
Sorry this post is one week late but I have been having computer problems and do not know anyone here in NM that I can borrow their computer in order to get my assignments done.  I have truly enjoyed this blogging and appreciate all the comments that everyone has made each week to my blog.
I enjoyed the Loving Kindness meditation exercise on page 93.  It was easier to complete as it was much shorter.  I also enjoyed this one as I am one of those people who tries to save the world.  It is much easier for me to focus on others, their needs, and wants then my own.  For me I feel like I am currently trying to lead others towards better health, happiness, and wholeness by sharing my experiences of physical activity and the calmness that it has brought to my life and inviting others to join in on the fun.  Last month I lead 5 people to joining the gym and I feel good about this as I know that it will help them in all areas of their lives.
The Integral Assessment made me realize that I need to focus on the interpersonal area of my life right now as I have been letting stress at work affect me and the way that I view my whole work experience.  I need to remember that I am in control of how things affect me, try to stay away from the negatives at work, and not to take things personally when they want to incorporate change.  This is something that I have been allowing control me and my whole day.  So this is the area that I want to focus on growth and development in.  There are many things that I can incorporate into my life to change this and some things that I am going to start trying will include reminding myself that I am in control of how things affect me, saying a prayer each day before I go into work that God will give me the strength that I need, practice Loving Kindness, and when things start upsetting me just taking a few moments and go to the bathroom and practice calm abiding so that I can go back into the situation and handle it more constructively.
Pray for me as I am trying to change this part of my life.  For the first time in my life I can say that the one area that I feel most positive is the physical part.  This is a daily journey for me but one that I am enjoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment