Sunday, February 20, 2011

unit 8 blog http://ann-cooper.blogspot.com

Good evening everyone,
I hope that everyone has enjoyed the opportunity of experiencing better health and wellness in this class as much as I have.  Personally I have gained much knowledge and insight into the practice of integral health and plan to continue with my journey to better health and well being.  It has been a pleasure corresponding with all of you during this term and having the opportunity to learn more about each of you and grow in our overall health and well being. 
The two practices that I found to be most beneficial for me in the Loving Kindness and Subtle Mind exercises.
I chose the Loving Kindness exercise because it showed me the importance of forgiving others who have hurt me in the past, loving myself, and then sharing this love with others that I come in contact with.  This exercise would be beneficial for everyone to learn and practice.  Showing love, kindness, patience, and understanding to others would make the world a much happier place.  This will help me to learn to love myself before I try to love anyone else.  Then when the time comes, I will be a much happier person and have more love to give to someone else.  You have to love yourself before you can love someone else.  This is helping me with my self esteem and outlook on myself as well.
The Subtle Mind exercise is a great asset to my life as it allows me to remove myself from the hustle and bustle of daily life, all the demands, and focus on calming my mind and clearing it for even a brief moment.  This has helped me to refocus my attention and energy when at work.  When I am confronted with a trying situation now I understand that I am in charge of how I allow it to affect me.  I can either let it be a negative thing or turn it into a learning experience and grow from it. 
I plan on incorporating these into my life on a daily basis.  The Loving Kindness exercise I want to practice in the morning before I encounter anyone for the day and decide that I am going to approach them with loving kindness and hopefully receive that back in return.
The Subtle Mind exercise can be practiced on my lunch break while sitting outside so that I am able to clear my mind, thoughts, and feelings prior to going back to work for the rest of the day.  This can be practiced anytime that I am faced with a difficult situation and at the end of the day to clear my mind of all the clutter that fills our minds.
Every week I attend Pilates class on Mondays and that helps to refocus your energy, practice deep breathing, and relaxation techniques.

No comments:

Post a Comment